Colline Novaresi doc Nebbiolo
Surprising red that reflects the rolling hills of Novara
the protagonist is the tannin,
tempered by a beautiful ripe and sweet fruit.
Colline Novaresi doc Nebbiolo
The King of Piedmont wines: austere, harmonious and elegant, with a strong character.
The red berry with delicate floral notes and lively flavor.
Perfect in combination with meat dishes and delicate first courses. Excellent combinations with cold cuts and aged cheeses.
- Production area Boca – Prato Sesia
- Wine-field Solar Exposure : South, South-West
- Wine-field Altitude : 400-460 mt slm
- Surface : 2 hectares
- Age of vines : 15 years
- Composition of the soil : the vineyards are located in the Supervolcano’s Geo-park of Valsesia (UNESCO heritage). The inactive crater of this volcano was formed more than 60 million years ago. It is a unique territory, one of a kind. The soil is rich in porphyry which makes the soil acid and sterile and therefore very suitable for the cultivation of vines.
- Breeding system : Guyot
- Plant density : 4300 vines/hectare
- Yield per hectare : 90 tons/hectare
- Grapes harvesting : the grapes, on reaching maturity towards the end of October, are collected and manually selected to ensure the highest quality and maximum integrity of the grape.
- Vinification : Immediately after the harvest, the grapes are destemmed and pressed. After 15 days of maceration of the skins and a daily press, the wine is racked and put in stainless-steel tanks where the malolactic fermentation forced by temperature takes place with natural autochthonous yeasts. Extremely low sulphite dosage.
- Maturation and Ageing : Maturation takes at least 20 months in stainless tanks. Aging in bottles for at least 2 months Put up on sale after at least 2 years after the harvest.
- Classification : Colline Novaresi doc Nebbiolo
- Grape variety : 100% Nebbiolo
- Color : ruby red, rich, crystal clear.
- Perfume : vivid memories of small berries fruits, cherry and blood orange; flowery fragrances of violet, peony and rose, wrapped by a fine and light spicing.
- Taste : full and captivating with an excellent tannic element that expresses the territoriality. Very good persistence with a sapid and fresh aftertaste.
- Serving temperature : 16° – 18°C
- Suggested matching : a perfect combination with meat-based dishes and delicate first courses. An excellent pairing with cold cuts and mature cheese.
Suggested combinations from the Italian tradition: pasta with game, tagliatelle with duck ragù, rice with vegetables, salmon, trout, provola cheese, roast veal, donkey stew, rabbit with olives.
Other wines of our production
Producing natural wine means to step back, pander to the natural processes supporting them. Only in this way can we ensure a handmade product, respectful of the territory that has generated and its traditions, but at the same time exalted by human intervention and without forcing the production enriches and enhances.