Colline Novaresi doc Vespolina
Wine with a bright red color,
is an intriguing combination of dark spices, pepper,
cardamom, cloves and ginger.
Colline Novaresi doc Vespolina
Wine made from Vespolina grapes, incredibly intense in color and aromas.
Young and spicy with an aromatic note and a marked line of spices and black pepper.
The smell is an intriguing blend of dark spices, pepper, cardamom, cloves and ginger. Red currant, blueberry and raspberry with soft and delicate floral notes of iris.
Fresh and savory with a spicy and spicy finish
Ideal with meat and vegetable dishes with a strong flavor. Also excellent when paired with aged cheeses
From the Italian tradition we suggest: bucatini all’amatriciana, pasta with vegetables, rabbit with peppers, fillet with porcini mushrooms.
- Production area : Boca – Prato Sesia
- Wine-field Solar Exposure : South, South-West
- Wine-field Altitude : 400-460 mt slm
- Surface : 0,5 hectares
- Age of vines : 15 years
- Composition of the soil : the vineyards are in the Supervolcano’s Geo-park of Valsesia (UNESCO heritage). The inactive crater of this volcano was formed more than 60 million years ago. It is a unique territory, one of a kind. The soil is rich in porphyry which makes the soil acid and sterile, very suitable for the cultivation of vines.
- Breeding system : Guyot
- Plant density : 5400 vines/hectare
- Yield per hectare : 80 tons/hectare
- Grapes harvesting : The grapes, on reaching maturity towards the end of October, are collected and manually selected to ensure the highest quality and the maximum integrity of the grape.
- Vinification : immediately after harvesting, the grapes are destemmed and pressed and the maceration takes place on skins for about 8 days in steel thanks. After the racking, the malolactic fermentation forced by temperature takes place with natural autochthonous yeasts. Extremely low sulphite dosage.
- Maturation : 12 months in stainless steel tanks. Put up on sale at least 1 year after harvesting.
- Classification : Colline Novaresi doc Vespolina
- Grape variety : 100% Vespolina
- Color : brilliant red.
- Perfume : it is an intriguing combination of dark spices, pepper, cardamom, cloves and ginger. Redcurrant, blueberry and raspberry fragrances with subtle and delicate floral notes of iris.
- Taste : Fresh and tasty with a spicy and warm aftertaste.
- Serving temperature : 16° – 18°C
- Suggested matching : Ideal with meat and vegetable dishes with a strong flavor. It is also excellent with mature cheeses.
Suggested combinations from the Italian tradition : bucatini pasta with amatriciana sauce, pasta with vegetables, rabbit with peppers, fillet steak with porcini mushrooms.
Other wines from our production
Producing natural wine means to step back, pander to the natural processes supporting them. Only in this way can we ensure a handmade product, respectful of the territory that has generated and its traditions, but at the same time exalted by human intervention and without forcing the production enriches and enhances.